- Place the form that you will be using in your pot. An eight to ten inch pot should be sufficient, but it all depends on the size of the form and the size of the plant that you will be using.
- Fill the pot with soil to about an inch from the rim.
- Plant the first of the ivy plugs. You will want to use three to four plugs, depending on their size.
- Weave the ivy around the base of the form, and continue winding up the vines. Keep adding plugs and weaving them around the form until the pot is full.
- Once you have planted and woven all of the plugs, sprinkle a little time release fertilizer on the surface of the soil.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Make a Stunning Ivy Topiary
Making a topiary is a simple and rewarding project that even someone with the brownest thumb can do. The most difficult part is planning where to display the finished topiary. Having the display location predetermined will help you select the proper shape and style of your topiary form. Upon completing your selection: